Analytics Edge Core Add-in: Simple Upgrade
The latest release of the Core Add-in is v8.1.6, released 2020-08-31 To upgrade, simply download and run the installer. No need to uninstall the previous release.
Your License and account configuration settings will not be affected.
What’s New – v8.1.6
See Version 8 Changes for details.
- 8.1.6 Fixes a problem when trying to load workbooks with really old Basic Add-in formats (“!Addin not licensed aeCore” messages)
- 8.1.5 Fixes a problem causing failure to load the add-in.
- 8.1.3 Fixes a problem for some Free license users that causes the License wizard to open.
- 8.1.2 Fixed an installer problem affecting 32-bit Excel installations.
- 8.1.1 Fix to License wizard to not show EXPIRED after old connectors disabled.
- Breaking Change to Copy to Google Sheets function. See details link above.
- Added Read Google Sheet and Write Google Sheet functions
- Added ability to send attachments via Gmail
- Google accounts now managed via Options wizard
- Many ribbon and wizard tweaks for improved usability
- Fixed a problem with some combinations of selections in Join function
Problems / Feedback
All Analytics Edge paid products are supported by direct, confidential email. If you encounter a problem or have any feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previously in v7.12.1 and earlier
- Fixed some minor quirks in the Task Pane when editing macros
- Fixed a problem with 7.12.0 installer
- Refreshes Excel PivotTables after scheduled refreshes, VBA calls to refresh, and editing quick queries
- Simplified ribbon License button icons and label messaging
- Auto-renews add-in and connector licenses after upgrades
- Preserves Quick Functions after failed query edit
- fixed licensing problem in manual installations
- stability, improved error handling and bug fixes
- rearranged license wizard elements and license status reporting
- fixed license problem when Premium trial expires
- fixed quick query append functionality
- Better handling of errors caused by unexpected usage
- Fixed a problem losing options settings if you switch from Premium to Free and back
- Improved some error messages
- Fixed problems with Top and Transpose functions when dealing with no data scenarios
- Fixed a problem with some Filter condition options
- Added better error handling with bad Regex filters
- Fixed a problem with scheduled refreshes not running
- Now validates license file can be updated properly
- Fixed a scenario where comments would not update with the location of queries after a move
- Fixed handling of filter expressions that start or end with spaces
- Free license no longer shows the Functions wizard after editing a query
- Fixed a problem with Google logins
- Fixed some ribbon problems when switching between license types
- Fixed some interaction problems where the add-in forgot the selected cell
- Fixed a problem where the first task pane function, once selected, could not be unselected
- Fixed some task pane interaction quirks
- Fixed a problem with worksheets or range names starting with ‘ae’
- Fixed a problem deactivating licenses when incorrect license key entered
- Fixed conversion of workbooks not converting properly from old Basic add-in queries
- Fixed FIPS-140-2 compliance problem
- No longer disables some macro buttons if no data present
- Fixed odd macro editing behaviour when switching between workbooks
- Fixed problem with some macro names not being recognized properly
- Fixed Google Sheets login and copy problems
- NEW – Now skips Function Wizard if free add-in license
- Added Valid Email test to the Filter and Group functions
- Added Run a VBA Macro to the Run Macro function
- Merged Basic and Standard add-in functionality into Core add-in