Analytics Edge Basic Add-in: Simple Upgrade
The latest release of the Basic Add-in is v6.12.1, released 2019-08-01. To upgrade, simply download and run the installer: AnalyticsEdgeBasicInstaller.exe
Your license and account configuration settings will not be affected. Note that if you have ALSO installed the Standard or Core add-ins, they must be uninstalled to get the Basic Add-in working.
What’s New – v6.12.1
- installer now attempts to remove the Analytics Edge Core Add-in or Standard Add-in if they are also installed (only one add-in will work)
- added debug features to the License wizard
- changed the behaviour if a saved query used the Google Analytics Pro connector but that connector is not installed; now provides a warning before opening the Free Google Analytics wizard.
Problems / Feedback
All Analytics Edge products are supported — even the free ones! If you encounter any problems or have feedback you’d like to share, post to the Simply Free Support Group.
Previously in v6.11.1
- Defers to Standard or Core add-in if they are installed; prevents contention between add-ins
- Fixed a problem affecting some users loading specific connectors combinations
- Edit Mode automatically turns off if you edit the Query Worksheet.
- Fixed problem leaving some workbooks in manual calculation mode after abnormal exit.
- Added cut / copy / paste buttons to the Analytics Edge ribbon bar.
- Fixed a problem with query worksheet processing causing invalid cast errors.
- Recommendations when out of memory occurs. Improved error messages. Fixed problem with minor version upgrade licensing.
- Added extra error handling. Fixes “GoogleAnalyticsFree not installed” errors.
- Fixed a build problem (with v6.3). Fixes problems with Combine and Append to Worksheet functions. Better error messages when problems writing to worksheets.
- Fixes a problem causing Object reference not found messages. Fixes a problem reading empty worksheets.
- Now preserves formula columns added to results in worksheet. Improved memory handling to reduce out of memory errors. New license algorithm reduces effect of Windows updates. When too much data is to be written, now writes as much as spreadsheet limits can handle.
Previously in v5.12
- Fix problems with converting old macros into new quick query format
- Fix incorrectly trying to convert incompatible macros into new quick query format.
- Tweak to improve license algorithm
- Patched to stop EXPIRED ribbon icon appearing if expired trials are uninstalled. Improved licensing algorithm to reduce the impact of Windows updates.
- Changes to the Edit Mode button and functionality for better compatibility with Standard and Core add-ins. Fixed a problem with licenses being affected by Windows updates. Fixed Edit Query button being enabled at wrong times.
- Fixed a problem with comments being lost when changing worksheet names for some cell references.
- Fixed a problem with missing comments for some cell references. New license agreement clarifies consent for optional email address.
- Fixed a problem causing errors with new Accounts.
- Fixed a problem affecting moved cell references.
- Stability updates. Fixed a problem with moving or copying queries. Fixed a problem that caused Account wizards to force a login.
- Now preserves formula columns in Excel Tables (to the right of data). Fixed refresh of Excel Table to stop leaving extra columns. Changed icons on Show/Hide button (again).
- All new — comments can be turned on/off. Moving comments will adjust cell references and query locations. Copying comments will copy queries. Query worksheet is available (Show/Hide) and can be manually edited. Fixed a problem with hacked values not being instantly available. Fixed some stability problems with move and copy operations. Fixed problems with moving cell references. Fixed problems with 4k screens and tiny font (license wizard). Fixed scrolling problem in macro selection wizard. Change icons on show/hide button. Fixed a problem with macro picker selections.