This Analytics Edge wizard makes it easy to get your Google Search Analytics data into Excel.
Account – pick the Login account to use (set in the Accounts wizard). Optionally use a worksheet cell reference.
Site – pick the website you want to report on. Optionally use a worksheet cell reference.
Dimensions – select the dimensions you want in your results. You can drag-and-drop the entries to reorder them.
Metrics – all available metrics appear by default, but you can remove some if desired. You can change the order of the metrics by dragging them in the list.
Page – that exactly match or contains a portion of the page URL. An optional worksheet cell reference can be used.
Country – select a country from the list. An optional worksheet cell reference can be used. You can use either the full country name or the short ISO-3116-1 alpha-3 code.
Device – select a device (desktop/mobile/tablet) or use a worksheet cell reference to one.
Type – select the type of query (web/image/video) or use a worksheet cell reference to one.
Appearance – enter a search appearance term (run a query with the searchAppearance dimension to see which ones exist in your account). Optional worksheet cell reference can be used instead.
Preset – pick a date range for the query. Note that you are limited to about the last 90 days, and there is no data for the most recent couple of days. The range will be adjusted automatically if data is not available for the dates you request.
Start/Duration/End – select a combination that defines the time period of interest. Optional worksheet cell references can be used.
Rows – due to API limitations, all rows available will be downloaded with every query, but you can limit the number of rows written to your worksheet.
Date-based – make multiple queries in the date range selected on the Dates tab. For example: ‘by 7-Day’ will make separate queries for each 7-day period. The ‘by Week…‘ queries will not return partial week periods.
By Device/Type – make separate queries for each device or search type available.
By Top Pages/Queries/Countries – this option runs a query to obtain the top number of pages/queries/countries for the sorted metrics selected, then runs queries for each of the top entries. While you can enter any number, entering large numbers is not recommended because:
- the results must fit into your available memory and worksheet space
- each query counts against your daily limit for all reporting tools you use
- you increase the chances of a random (infrequent) server or network error
Layout Options – choose one of three layouts for your results.
- Vertical will append each query vertically, adding dimension columns for the multi-query dimension selected (e.g. start date and end date).
- Horizontal – Group by Dimension will append each query horizontally, grouping all the metrics for each query together (by dimension). The column titles will include the [dimension] metric combination.
- Horizontal – Group by Metric will append the queries horizontally, but group similar metrics together. This would make it easier to create trend or comparison charts.