If you need to perform a manual installation because the automatic installer does not work, follow this procedure. CAUTION: you will need to repeat this procedure every time you upgrade the add-in.
- Download the file AnalyticsEdgeBasic.zip for the free Basic Add-in, or the file AnalyticsEdgeStandard.zip for the Standard Add-in, or AnalyticsEdgeCore.zip file for the Core (Pro) Add-in.
- Extract the files to a folder on your hard drive (right-click and select Extract All… from the pop-up menu). If you want to share the add-in with other users of the computer, make sure to put the files into a folder that all users can access.
- Open Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 on your Windows computer.
- Open the Excel Options (File – Options) dialog.
- Select Add-ins and click the Go… button
- Click the Browse… button
- Locate the files you unzipped in step 2 and select the version of the add-in you want (Basic Add-in: AnalyticsEdgeBasic-32bit.xll or AnalyticsEdgeBasic-64bit.xll; Standard Add-in: AnalyticsEdgeStandard-32bit.xll or AnalyticsEdgeStandard-64bit.xll ; Core Add-in: AnalyticsEdge-32bit.xll or AnalyticsEdge-64bit.xll ). NOTE: only one version will work depending on your installed Excel version (32-or-64 bit) — If one does not work, try the other.
- Click Open, and click OK to close the dialog.
The Analytics Edge ribbon should now appear when you open Excel.