Love the product? Leave a comment in the Google Analytics Partners Gallery or share
ANALYTICS EDGE v188.8.131.52 RELEASE CANDIDATE
2017-12-11 Welcome to the beta release of the all-new Analytics Edge Basic Add-in! Big changes have been made to the underlying code, so this is a BETA release warning. The previous stable release can be downloaded here. — Mike Sullivan
Much of the documentation has yet to be updated, so please tolerate a few out-of-date references for a while. There are 2 big changes to v5:
1 – Comments
- comments are now used ONLY to copy or move queries and cell references
- comments can be turned off – use the Show/Hide button on the ribbon to toggle them on/off
- when comments are ON, the interface may be slower to respond; comments are OFF by default
- comments appear for all query locations and any cell references in your queries
- if you move comments, the associated queries and cell references will adjust automatically
- if you copy comments, the associated queries will be copied (cell references remain at the original location)
- IMPORTANT: after a move or copy operation, SELECT A CELL in the worksheet to trigger the synchronization
2 – ᴁ Analytics Edge Queries Worksheet
- a worksheet containing all your queries is now available for manual editing
- the worksheet is hidden by default – you can Unhide it easily in Excel of use the Show/Hide pull-down menu
- the first ‘ᴁParameters’ column is controlled by the add-in, and each subsequent column is a separate query
- some documentation will be released on the syntax in the near future, but it is recommended that you use the wizards to edit your query if you can’t figure out the various parameters are
- query parameters can be manually edited, and you can use cell formulas if desired (formulas will not be affected if you use a wizard to edit the query later)
- you can copy columns and edit parameters to make multiple, similar queries
- query names (top row 1) should be in the format of Sheet1!A1 (<worksheet>!<cell>) and be consistent with the WriteToWorksheet_worksheet/_topleftcell values
If you experience any problems with the product, please post to the Forum (the button is still on the ribbon bar).
Your first step is to Register the add-in you have installed. Just start Excel and click the Register button on the Analytics Edge ribbon!
Руководство к Analytcs Edge на Русском
Click the Activate 30-Day License to start your free trial period. No payment is necessary and the product is fully functional. OPTIONAL: Enter your email address to stay informed of updates to the product and make it easier to reset or transfer your product licenses after computer updates.
Help Is Just a Click Away
Click the Help button on any wizard or on the ribbon bar menus for additional information about any specific function or wizard feature. If the information available doesn’t answer your question, post to the Analytics Edge Simply Free support forum for assistance. A button is provided right in the ribbon bar for your convenience. Note: email support is NOT provided for the free products.
Basic Add-in Operation
The Analytics Edge Basic Add-in allows you to assign queries to cells in your worksheets. Simply select a cell and open a Connector wizard. The results of the query will be written into the worksheet starting with the selected cell. A comment will be placed on the cell as a reminder of the query location.
Note: the comment contains a pointer to the query. Copy, delete or move the comment within the same workbook and you will copy, delete or move the query.
See the Results
The results are automatically written to the worksheet, overwriting any previous content. Note that you can format the results and refreshes will not alter the formatting — you are free to put your own personal look to the data. CAUTION: if you change the query, you will be asked if you want to clear the formatting; this is useful if you want to insert a column and do not want to use the previous formatting in the cells.
Refresh All, Current or Selected
Click Refresh All to re-run all the queries in the workbook. To refresh only the query for the selected cell, select the drop-down menu below the Refresh button and pick Current. To refresh several queries at once, pick Selected from the drop-down menu.
Edit the Query at Any Time
You can modify the query by simply selecting the cell and clicking Edit. The previous settings are automatically inserted into the wizard, and you can make changes or cancel.
Cut, Copy and Paste
If you want to delete, copy or move any of the queries, simply delete, copy or move the comments. If you want to copy or move the query to a different workbook, the Edit Query button has a drop-down menu with Cut, Copy and Paste functions that work across workbooks.
Sync Comments and Queries
If you copy or move any queries, or if you insert columns or rows causing the queries to move, the comments will be out-of-sync with the new locations. Simply click on one of the query cells to re-synchronize them.